[Lazarus] FPC 2.7.1 and console output

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Wed Dec 3 18:31:33 CET 2014

On 12/3/2014 10:06 AM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Mattias Gaertner schrieb:
>> On Tue, 02 Dec 2014 22:41:04 +0100
>> Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
>
>>> Next I tried FP, but couldn't figure out how to configure it at all, for
>>> using the trunk compiler :-(
>>
>> Do you mean in Lazarus?
>
> No, the FP IDE. It has become almost useless, most options are read-only :-(

i haven't found this... last night (really very early this morning) i had to add
some paths to my FP so that i could get it to compile a FileMask demo program
that uses the lazarus Masks unit... since i already had it working as a lazarus
project, i went into the project's options and used the "show options" button at
the bottom of the screen... i copied the values shown and pasted them into my
FP.CFG file... some slight editing to fix them up as the rest and remove
duplicates or conflicting ones and then i started FP again... when i went
looking at the options and directories and such, everything was in place as
expected and my project was able to be compiled with FP just as from lazarus...

something that comes to mind, though, is where you state that you wanted to
configure FP for FPC trunk... mine is running FPC trunk and i don't see any way
of changing that /within/ FP... the only way i can think of is maybe by the PATH
that is set before starting FP or maybe there's a $fpversion that can be used
but i've not found a way for that to contain and work with "trunk"... only
numerics like "2.6.4" or "2.7.1" seem to show up in that variable...