[Lazarus] Firebird RDBMS v3 beta 1 is out

Thu Dec 4 00:08:36 CET 2014

On 2014-12-03 11:01, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> Specially looking forward to the identity and boolean functionality

Yeah, I picked up on those too.

> can't use it without an intermediate DLL. What is not clear is
> whether the client API (fbclient) is now also C++, because then we're
> really in deep trouble.

I don't think they changed that. I've seen other project report testing
with Firebird 3 beta, and they haven't mentioned any issues with
fbclient. At least nothing obvious I could see.

Anyway, I'll give the beta a quick spin in a VM tomorrow and see if the
fbclient gives any issues with FPC.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/