[Lazarus] I'm looking for experience about OSX

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat Dec 6 19:20:24 CET 2014

On Sat, 06 Dec 2014 20:03:55 +0200
FreeMan <freeman35 at delphiturkiye.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I get new toy today, macbook pro.  I'll use  crosscompile fpc & lazarus
> on this system.

Means?

> What is your widgetset suggestion for OSX?

Carbon works since years.
Cocoa works for 32bit, although still is in an early state.
qt works since years.

Keep in mind that Lazarus under OS X by default uses Apple like
shortcuts, which is annoying at the start.

> Much important is, How to install _*SVN*_ _*fpc*_ and _*SVN*_
> _*lazarus*_?

First you need to install XCode and its gdb.
After that it is the same as under Linux.

> has anyone got any script about this.
>
> I found just this links and no info about svn install, yet.
> http://wiki.freepascal.org/Installing_Lazarus_on_MacOS_X
> http://wiki.freepascal.org/GDB_on_OS_X_Mavericks_and_Xcode_5

Good pages.

Mattias