[Lazarus] I'm looking for experience about OSX

Michael Ring mail at michael-ring.org
Sat Dec 6 20:56:15 CET 2014

Forgot to mention:

This list of commands builds the x86_64 and 'merges' the installation
into the default i386 installation: (I do this in two steps so that the
original installation does not get corrupted)

   make clean buildbase CPU_TARGET=x86_64 INSTALL_PREFIX=$HOME/2.7.1
   make install buildbase CPU_TARGET=x86_64 INSTALL_PREFIX=$HOME/2.7.1
   mkdir -p /usr/local/lib/fpc/
   sudo cp -r $HOME/2.7.1/lib/fpc/2.7.1 /usr/local/lib/fpc/
   sudo cp $HOME/2.7.1/bin/fpc /usr/local/lib/fpc/2.7.1/ # this is not
strictly necessary
   rm -rf $HOME/2.7.1

And this builds a linux crosscompiler:

   SUBARCH=i386
   CROSSOPT="-O- -gw2"
   make clean buildbase CROSSINSTALL=1 OS_TARGET=linux CPU_TARGET=i386
CROSSOPT="$CROSSOPT" BINUTILSPREFIX=i386-linux-
   sudo make installbase CROSSINSTALL=1 OS_TARGET=linux CPU_TARGET=i386
CROSSOPT="$CROSSOPT" BINUTILSPREFIX=i386-linux-

when you replace 'buildbase' with 'all' you should be able to get a more
complete build, for my needs buildbase is sufficient.

Michael