[Lazarus] .OnEditingDone event

Chris Rempas crori49 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 16:24:38 CET 2014

Let's consider my example
.Onchange will be triggered every time i press i key on my edit.OnExit will be triggered every time my edit looses focus.OnEditingDone will be triggered every time my edit *believes* i am done editing    1) When i press the Enter key, to confirm the data i just input
    2) When the edit looses focus, but its data has been changed since the edit got focus

There is no reason to get a *Done Editing* event, if there has never been a *Start Editing*
Regards,Chris

     On Monday, December 15, 2014 4:19 PM, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

 On Mon, 15 Dec 2014 16:07:17 +0200
"Chris Crori" <crori49 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi!
>    I tried to use .OnEditingDone event on TEdit and found out that it is called like .OnExit, even if there was no change.

A change compared to what?

> Is this by design?

Yes.

> I thought that to trigger a .OnEditingDone event, there shoud be a *beginning* in editing.
>
> eg : A Form with 2 edits, clicking each one, makes the other one run a .OnEditingDone event every time!

Correct.

Mattias