[Lazarus] Alternative component palette layout

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Sun Dec 21 00:35:44 CET 2014

Il 20/12/2014 23:44, Juha Manninen ha scritto:
> On Sat, Dec 20, 2014 at 9:17 PM, Giuliano Colla
> <giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it> wrote:
>> I spent some time testing, and here's my result.
>> It would appear to be a Qt-only problem, but it seems to be a bit more
>> intricate than just a redraw problem.
> Thanks for your testing. You have a lot more errors with QT than I do.
> Strange. May be difficult to fix if I cannot reproduce.
> The good news is that there is a workaround. You can restart Lazarus
> and the configuration works.

It might be a timing issue. Sort of you tell Qt to do something on a new
tab when it's not yet finished with the previous one. Actually the total
number of tabs turns out to be less than expected. I've tested on a 32
bit dual core @1.33 GHz. I'm setting up a new platform 64 bit quad core
@2.5 GHz. As soon as it's fully configured, I'll test there, and see if
there's a difference.
Or if you point me to the proper section of code, I may add some delay
from one item to the next, just for testing.

> [...]
>> I noticed that the Export function tells to have successfully exported, but
>> actually it does nothing. I presume that this is because it's work in
>> progress.
> It works here. I created the "modern" layout XML file using it.
> It uses the same code that writes the environment options XML file.
> It only saves a difference between user changes and the default settings.
> The export feature uses a standard file save dialog. Where did you
> save the file?
> ".xml" suffix may not be added automatically.

No wonder it didn't work. I had attempted to save just the default
setting. If it saves only the difference from default, it's got nothing
to save!

Giuliano

--
Giuliano Colla

Project planning question: when it's 90% done, are we halfway or not yet?