[Lazarus] Alternative component palette layout

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Fri Dec 26 16:44:05 CET 2014

On 12/26/2014 01:04 PM, Giuliano Colla wrote:

> Il 22/12/2014 10:05, zeljko ha scritto:
>>>
>>> My main suspect now is line :
>>>    TabControl.Pages.Move(TabIndex, Pal.fVisiblePageIndex);
>>> in TComponentPage.InsertVisiblePage. It moves an exising tab to its
>>> new position.
>>> I noticed that the missing tabs are always the ones that existed
>>> before doing import. Thus they are not inserted but moved.
>>> New tabs are inserted :
>>>    TabControl.Pages.Insert(Pal.fVisiblePageIndex, PageName);
>>> but it apparently causes no problems.
>>
>> hmm...it works fine here, but anyway, I've changed tabMove a bit,
>> patch is attached, so pls test if it's ok now.
>>

> The patch has no effect, but I suspect that the problem is elsewhere,
> because in my tests the TabControl.Pages.Move() is never called.

pretty strange that such bug is shown only with qt widgetset. Patch is
more friendly for TabControl.Move() and better than current
implementation IMO. Don't know how custom pages works or how it is
coded, but setting tabs while config is loading is not good.
Is it conceptually working like this: load config,fill tabs, move tabs
around, hide tabs which should be hidden ? Or it does it's job one by
one tab ?

z.