[Lazarus] Alternative component palette layout

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Sat Dec 27 18:45:23 CET 2014

Il 27/12/2014 17:35, Juha Manninen ha scritto:
> On Sat, Dec 27, 2014 at 4:56 PM, Giuliano Colla
> <giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it> wrote:
>> However I've found a simple workaround: with Qt ws, to remove the old tab
>> before calling InsertVisiblePage. That way PageComponent is always nil, and
>> everything works just fine.
>>
>> If you agree, I can commit my change (it's really minimal) and you may check it.
> Yes, that workaround would prevent moving tabs and it could be added
> with IFDEF LCLQt.

Committed with rev 47255.
You'll find the workaround (surrounded by the IFDEF LCLQt) + some added
Debugln + a minor fix (a ShowHint := true was missing) + an attempt to
use a different code for moving tabs (surrounded by an IFDEF
USE_PageIndex). It doesn't make any difference but it saves a number of
tests, because they're done in LCL. You may keep it or throw it away
following your taste.

> The bug is most likely a regression in recent QT versions. I applied
> the change from Zeljko. It uses QTabBar_moveTab and is an improvement
> but still does not solve the problem.
> I see if I can reproduce it in a small test application.

I hope you'll have better chance than me. I tried with a small test
application, but no way to reproduce the bug. Tabs were always
inserted/moved properly.
True, I did use just standard components i.e. a standard NoteBook with
standart TabSheet, and my tabs didn't come from a StringList, but I
don't see how this should make a difference. The Qt code involved was
exactly the same, as far as I can tell, and my debugln's tell.

Giuliano

--
Giuliano Colla

Project planning question: when it's 90% done, are we halfway or not yet?