[Lazarus] TDBCtrlGrid implementation

Fabio Luis Girardi fluisgirardi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 15:08:22 CET 2014

Hi all!

I started the TDBCtrlGrid implementation some days ago. At this point, I
don't know if I'm doing some mistake or if Lazarus has a bug. The problem
is that I can't put any controls on TDBCtrlGrid area, but I can put
controls with csReplicatable in ControlStyle inside a "RowPanel"
(TDBCtrlGridRow class) that is a control that will be used to draw rows,
BUT LAZARUS don't do this!!

TDBCtrlGrid is created with

ControlStyle := [csOpaque, csDoubleClicks];

and TDBCtrlGridRow is created with

ControlStyle := [csAcceptsControls, csCaptureMouse, csClickEvents,
    csDoubleClicks, csOpaque, csReplicatable];

Logically, the row panel must accept controls, but TDBCtrlGrid NOR
TDBCtrlGridRow accepts controls.

If this is a bug, tell me and I will open a new bug on Lazarus BugTracker.
If not, tell me what I'm doing wrong...

Initially, all tests are done in Lazarus 1.0.8 fpc 2.6.2 Win32 on a Windows
2003 server 32 bits.

--
The best regards,

Fabio Luis Girardi