[Lazarus] PR Call (was: Re: BSD Magazine Pascal quote) ;)

Lukasz Sokol el.es.cr at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 09:56:40 CET 2014

Hi,

On 04/02/14 00:20, Allan E. Registos wrote:
> Hello to all,
>
> (Part of this mail also I posted earlier at the Lazarus forum).
>
> I was skimming the BSD Magazine: FreeBSD Programming Primer. In page
> 7 the magazine mentioned about Pascal this way:

[...][sorry had to skim the context a little bit]

> I believe writing a Free Pascal/Lazarus review to be featured in the
> BSD Magazine is one way of promoting the language in the BSD world.
>
> If anyone can refer a resource person who is more willing to a write
> a review of Free Pascal in the BSD magazine, please drop a reply or
> contact me so that I can forward the email address to the editor.
>
> The magazine's editor also stated that he is going to promote the
> language and welcome any reviewer.

What if you start from setting up a wiki page to collect group-input to such article?

Since everybody is busy and this may be a chance for greater coverage
(I imagine those doing FBSD ports sould be interested... but I'm not one of them)
maybe let everybody leave some input (and get credited if/when this gets published)

But since you started this, you're exactly the person who should do the above,
because you cared enough to start this; Start from setting clear licensing to whatever
will get written on that page (GFDL? CC-BY-? whatever the magazine wants? Maybe usual
wiki c/l/r conditions should be enough?) and maybe outline how you imagine this article.

Otherwise it's a case of 'lets-go-and-you-all-do-it' and result will be -ENOPATCH...
which would be a great shame.

Needless to say, it probably won't be in a weeks-time either...
... nor would it end on one version/revision ;)

> Thank you very much... Allan Registos

-L.