[Lazarus] Threads and Libraries (dll and so)

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Feb 4 12:17:12 CET 2014

On 02/04/2014 11:36 AM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> At that point why not bite the bullet and exploit GPU parallelism?
Yep ! :-)
(And this hint is going out to whom ? ;-)   )
> KDE and Qt are minor issues, far more significant is arbitrary
> restrictions that GTK imposes because they envisage some usage case
> that will break Gnome.
Gnome easily handles multiple applications calling it's API, and as with
NPTL in Linux, the difference between a process and a thread is close to
Zero (in fact the API that is called, would need to actively check
whether or not two calls come in with the same memory mapping). So for
me it's astonishing that GTK / Gnome should suffer from this issue.

-Michael