[Lazarus] Lazarus/FPC for Web Development only

leledumbo leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id
Wed Feb 5 10:09:00 CET 2014

> This project should be web, multilanguage, and so on…(now all should be web
☹ ) and I would like to know your opinion if it’s worth to develop web
applications using server side with Brook (for example), and HTML5 and JS
for client side, against other options like Java, PHP, Python.

Yes, I'd choose Brook for big web projects. You wouldn't want to burden the
server with Java. PHP and Python is a bit lighter, but not capable enough
for speed (PyPy is actually quite good though).

You can use either FastCGI or embedded web server (my choice for easy
deployment) and the flexible routing mechanism of Brook will help you write
more structured URLs. Plus, it has a lot of features besides those offered
by fcl-web. After all, it's built on top of fcl-web so you can get the best
of both.