[Lazarus] Threads and Libraries (dll and so)

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Feb 5 11:31:18 CET 2014

On 02/04/2014 04:20 PM, Reimar Grabowski wrote:
> It is not unusual to show the same frame three times to bring the
> framerate up to 72fps to reduce the "black screen time" which will be
> percieved as flickering. Motion blur helps a lot to make the
> experience 'smooth'. Why do you think it is recreated in 3D graphics?
In fact we once did build LED based video displays and thus did a lot of
experiments on this issue.

It really is true that - if you avoid any "black screen time"by
hardware-double buffering in the display drivers, a frame rate of 10 fps
is considered as "smooth" most of the time. But it dies not suffice if
you are decently trained and really concentrate on details, which
professional surveillance watches permanently do.

Moreover a decent system for an appropriate purpose features at least
four HD-Screens and might be used to display some 20 videos at the same
time.
Of course only one of them is really watched at a given second, but the
software does not know which one.

-Michael