[Lazarus] Getting help for a type if its unit is not in uses

Reimar Grabowski reimgrab at web.de
Wed Feb 5 23:58:59 CET 2014

On Wed, 5 Feb 2014 21:55:07 +0200
Juha Manninen <juha.manninen62 at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Can we hope to someday get the feature that Lazarus adds the unit where a type/function/whatever is defined automatically to the uses clause when it is used for the first time (just like Eclipse does for Java imports)?
> >
> > Please define "automatically".
Available types (Java standard, user defined or belonging to 'libs' in your class path) are shown in the code completion popup, also the package name where this type is defined. When choosing a type the corresponding import is added to your code.

> MS Visual Studio has the red error marker and a popup menu that gives
> options to fix the code. Adding a missing unit dependency is just one
> of the corrections.
That's available in Eclipse, too, via 'quick fixes'. But I am more interested in the first one, which I use a lot in Eclipse.

R.