[Lazarus] Using different FPC versions

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Feb 10 12:11:02 CET 2014

Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> Ah, in this completely un-understandable dialog. I am avoiding it like
> the plague :(
>
> A GUI is meant to make things simpler, not complicate them, this dialog
> is IMHO a prime example of a violation of that principle. (somewhat like
> the MS Access visual query builder)

A useful feature of makefiles (and, for that matter, SQL queries) is
that you can annotate them and tell the viewers why you're doing
something and warn them of subtleties in your technique.

Apart from that I'm using something like what you describe for the final
executable, ordered as  B5k5-$(TargetCPU)-$(TargetOS)-$(LCLWidgetType)
since that seems to be the best match to e.g. Debian naming conventions.

I've also looked at putting a timestamp in DLL names, but that turned
out to be far more complex and I ended up running a separate "Execute
after" command.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk