[Lazarus] Using different FPC versions

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Mon Feb 10 16:57:42 CET 2014

On Mon, 10 Feb 2014, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> If someone uses such a package, he can choose 'no override'. That's what I meant
> with 'keep it optional'.

Such packages (closed source) etc. obviously cannot be used with various compiler
versions anyway.

>> But hey, never mind, my mail was not meant as a complaint.
>
> If that was not a complaint, then what is?

I meant my original reply as 'Pity, this particular answer is not what I was hoping for'.
My apologies if that was misunderstood. I didn't mean to go into the details
of the dialog when I answered your solution (did that already at the time the dialog
appeared).

Like I wrote in another mail: I consider setting and catering for the version
of the FPC compiler far too fundamental in the use of Lazarus to relegate it to
the dialog called 'additions and overrides'. I consider it as fundamental as the
OS/CPU pair, which is treated "specially" in the options.

But as a member of the core developer group I may be biased.

Michael.