[Lazarus] Using different FPC versions

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Feb 10 18:54:02 CET 2014

On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 14:44:50 +0100 (CET)
Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:

>[...]
> I use a full path to ppcx64-x.y.z

How did you create ppcx64-x.y.z?
AFAIK none of the installers create this.

> I do this, because lazarus does not - out of the box - support the passing of the version to FPC as in:
>
> fpc -V2.6.4

You can pass it in the custom compiler options, but it is currently
not parsed by the IDE, so it uses the default version for codetools.

>[...]
> Maybe the lazarus devels are not aware of this -V option.
> It's not widely used or propagated, after all.

You are the first I know who uses it. :)

Mattias