[Lazarus] Using different FPC versions

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Mon Feb 10 15:11:38 CET 2014

Michael Van Canneyt schrieb:

> I find makefiles with all the variables, rules and whatnot far easier to
> understand than this dialog.

I only can interpret the final commandlines, generated from makefiles
after macro substitution. From there it's a puzzle to find out what
deserves an adjustment, in order to yield the intended result.

>> Some packages do not support overriding the output directory.
>
> Huh ? These packages are not very well designed then. A package should
> always be oblivious to the output dir.

This again indicates to me that it is overly complicated to understand
the rules, and to provide proper/conforming configurations.

> If it is not, it should IMHO be discarded from the lazarus installation.

Why not simply fix the packages?

>> Another possibility is to add a wizard to quickly setup some common
>> options. Similar to the initial setup dialog.
>
> In view of the "Some packages do not support overriding the output
> directory."
> you mentioned earlier, I somehow doubt this is a workable idea ?

Just that problem (and all others) should be fixable by such a tool.

DoDi