[Lazarus] Lazarus compilation problems with 2.6.4 RC1

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Feb 17 17:35:56 CET 2014

Bart wrote:
> On 2/17/14, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
>
>> The "win32" is the widgetset. The win32 widgetset supports
>> 64bit too.
> I understand, but the naming indeed is unfortunate
>
>> It should be renamed. Maybe "winapi"?
>
> win32-64?

By analogy with GTK, Qt etc.: if the API is substantially the same for
the x86 and x86-64 targets, I think "polluting" the widget set with the
CPU type would be undesirable.

I've got an SGI Itanium (IA-64) system here, it can generally run x86
binaries using some form of OS-level emulation, and /if/ I built a
program for it using Lazarus I'd expect to be able to use the existing
Windows widgetset rather than having to find an hypothetical one called
something like win32-Itanic.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk