[Lazarus] Error dialog in freshly built Lazarus

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Feb 18 00:17:25 CET 2014

On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 15:59:00 +0100
Lubos Pintes <lubos.pintes at gmail.com> wrote:

> Attached contents of both tabs.

Thanks.

> Dňa 17. 2. 2014 14:17 Mattias Gaertner  wrote / napísal(a):
> > On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 14:04:12 +0100
> > Lubos Pintes <lubos.pintes at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi again,
> >> Sorry for noise, but "interesting" things are happening to me now.
> >> I successfully built the Lazarus, and when I run it, I receive this dialog:
> >> Error
> >> Compiler "C:\FPC\2.6.2\bin\i386-Win32\fpc.exe" does not support target
> >> i386-win32
> >>
> >> I really don't understand this...
> >
> > Can you post output of View / IDE Internals / About FPC?

The IDE message "does not support target" comes because RealCompiler is
empty. That is the backend compiler, here: ppc386.exe. The IDE grabs
that from the line "Compiler: ".
The strange thing is, that your output contains the line:

[0.890] Compiler: C:\FPC\2.6.2\bin\i386-Win32\ppc386.exe

A lot of macros are missing too.
It seems that everything behind 'found source file name
"compilertest.pas"' was not seen.

Please try a Tools / Rescan FPC source directory.

Mattias