[Lazarus] strange linux problem

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Wed Feb 19 19:49:16 CET 2014

On 2/19/2014 8:42 AM, brian wrote:
[...]
> Definitely not the first. I've written out the full paths to a log file, and
> they are correct - editing the logs and putting an 'ls ' in front of the file
> names provides the expected results. The drive is powered down overnight, and
> I'm the only user, so I can't see how there could be a server lock unless
> there's something wrong with the drive. I've seen nothing else to indicate a
> faulty router.

have you tried adding at least a 1/4th second up to maybe a 1 second sleep just
to try to ensure that it isn't a bottleneck somewhere? it could be the samba
stuff... my XP machine used to drop its samba shares on a FreeNAS (bsd) any time
there was a huge amount of traffic (copying several hundred megs of randomly
sized small files, copying one huge [up to 2G] file, and similar) between the XP
box and the NAS... the only way to regain access to the NAS was to reboot the XP
box... no other machines exhibited this problem... it was finally solved when
the XP box ate itself for lunch one day :/