[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.2 RC2 Asking for /usr/share/fpcsrc/2.4.4/?

leledumbo leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id
Sat Feb 22 07:05:33 CET 2014

Allan E. Registos wrote
> Environment: Ubuntu 12.04.4 32-bit
> Downloaded from sf the required fpc 2.6.2 versions of binary and source
> and installed them.
> Lazarus 1.2 RC2 will show this error at start:
> Directory: /usr/share/fpcsrc/2.4.4/
>
> Error: directory not found
> You can download FPC and the FPC sources from
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/?source=directory
>
> And when point to the correct source will show this error:
>
> Directory: /usr/share/fpcsrc/2.6.2/
>
> Warning: Found version 2.6.2, expected 2.4.4
> You can download FPC and the FPC sources from
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/?source=directory
>
> It won't recognize 2.6.2. My first problem is that I've installed the
> previous version of lazarus 0.9.30.4, which I think caused this problem.
> I've removed already this version with dpkg -r lazarus-* and dpkg -r lcl-*
> and deleted the folder manually at /usr/share/lazarus.
> Is there something I can do?

It checks for the correct version by checking fpc (should normally be in
/usr/bin). Try running fpc -l on terminal, do you get 2.6.2? If not, check
where ppc386 points to (it should be a symlink to the real compiler, ls -l
will tell you). Note that fpc directory is located in /usr/lib/fpc so you
might want to check that.