[Lazarus] save the detail record to sqlite

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 12:59:31 CET 2014

On 28/02/2014 12:43, Antonio Fortuny wrote:
> I'd be happy to write some advices as far as you could consider them as
> some improvement to the DataSet processing.
> I guess you mean the wiki page
> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/MasterDetail#Adding_detail_records_with_the_right_foreign_key

Yes, that's sort of why I posted the link earlier in the thread...

> These are not specifically addressed to the master-detail relationship
> but specifically to the DataSet itself in a more general way.
> I can then give the exhaustive list of rules I follow since years.
> You could give some ideas on where to write tese rules. As a first
> approach I can point the "SQLDB implementation" chapter.

As I said, you're welcome to update the master/detail page. It's up to
you what to write and where to write what... as long as it fits in with
the rest of the tutorial...

If you want to update other database pages: likewise, please feel free -
I really appreciate other people contributing!
(Possible locations: the working with sqlquery page, the database faq
page.... perhaps there's something better)

However, I don't want to be some kind of editor that is going to
pre-approve what gets written as
1. I have other things to do
2. I'm not a GUI guy at all and prefer letting people who know what
they're doing just do their stuff

Thanks,
Reinier