[Lazarus] Beyond Compare 4 built with Lazarus 1.2

Kostas Michalopoulos badsectoracula at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 05:34:27 CET 2014

Is there a way to ignore all these and make everything to work with
UTF-8? Like setting some global variable that makes all strings
(ansistrings) "UTF-8 codepage" or something that also causes any
system-specific calls (Assign, Writeln, etc) to do automatic
conversion from/to whatever the underlying OS uses?