[Lazarus] Is there a separate mailing list for Lazarus developers?

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 00:18:22 CET 2014

On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 12:26 AM, vfclists . <vfclists at gmail.com> wrote:
> A lot of Lazarus developments and improvements, whether fully implemented or
> planned go unnoticed and I wonder if this is the reason why.

What might those unnoticed developments and improvements be?
I believe this is a misunderstanding or maybe hopeful thinking from your side.
The discussion is about technical details of some piece of code,
release schedules and maybe organizing transportation for a meeting.
You would be bored.

There is no secret agenda about the future of Lazarus that its
developers try to hide from you.
The development process is as open as it gets.
The missing features are well known: Project groups, Android and other
targets, docking, installing packages from a repository, Unicode, etc
The Mantis bug tracker has loads of feature requests, too.
Everybody agrees those features are needed but somebody actually has
to do them. Just talking and writing about them would be useless.

> Is it possible to view their archives or have some kind of read only access
> to it?

No.
Besides, I think your time is better used if you learn the Lazarus
code base and then provide patches.
And, if you still really REALLY want to read the developers mailing
list, you must provide so many quality patches that you finally get a
commit access and get invited to the list.
I can recommend this route.

Juha