[Lazarus] Bugtracker for non-Lazarus developer core

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 5 16:43:01 CET 2014

On 05.01.2014 16:33, Marcos Douglas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if there is some mechanism in Bugtracker, for developers who
> are not part of Lazarus core, know if has somebody is working (Lazarus
> developer or not) in some bug report.
>
> In other words, if I want working in something in Bugtracker -- to
> send a patch on the future -- how I can know if someone is working on
> the same bug?

One can't tell for sure, but often you can tell by checking whether the
bug is assigned to someone. This can be a wrong indicator however as -
mostly in the Lazarus project - some bug categories are automatically
assigned to people also one might accidentaly "collect" a bug by setting
it to feedback and forgetting to unassign oneself. Nevertheless it's the
best indicator you have. To be really sure you should maybe ask on the
mailing list whether someone is working on a specific bug.

Regards,
Sven