[Lazarus] Is there a separate mailing list for Lazarus developers?

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 6 00:29:45 CET 2014

On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 4:07 PM, vfclists . <vfclists at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> I can understand why its developers prefer to focus on fixing existing
> issues rather than spending/wasting time debating new features.

True, new features are not being debated much but they are being
developed surely. This is not only about fixing bugs.
This is possible because people mostly agree that those features are needed.
At least currently developers are not pulling to different directions.

> @Juha - Perhaps you could follow the example of the older wiser heads such
> as Florian and Matthias who have responded to this thread with examples and
> suggestions because they had a better understanding of why I asked this
> question. Just because someone's manners or style rubs you the wrong way
> doesn't mean they are trolling - which is generally understood to be
> creating drama and controversy for its own sake.

I try to be more constructive. The fact still is that most features
are in developers' personal ToDo--lists and not discussed actively by
developers.
However there are many ideas which get often discussed in forum and
mailing list by many people.
So there is no lack of discussion. There is only lack of people
implementing the ideas.

You forgot the most important means of communication which is the code
commit history.
We are like aliens using an alien language, Pascal in this case. It is
the most powerful way to communicate SW, a human language cannot do it
as well.
Good program code explains to people what we want the computer to do.

Juha