[Lazarus] Using Lazarus for non-graphical apps

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Jan 7 18:11:23 CET 2014

Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 01/07/2014 04:25 PM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>>
>> The OP, i.e. I, did not mention doing any I/O in threads.
>
> He said: "I'm reading stdin directly with a tight timeout"
>
> IMHO, the Pascal way of handling such task is using a thread.

That's in the main code, not a background thread, and I have good
reasons for wanting to do it like that.

The question was whether I could still use TThread.Synchronize for
background threads, which do not in this particular case need a
significant amount of OS interaction.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk