[Lazarus] Is there a separate mailing list for Lazarus developers?

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 00:16:54 CET 2014

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 11:12 AM, Lukasz Sokol <el.es.cr at gmail.com> wrote:
> ...well here I disagree - go see [briefly] https://lwn.net - (one of) their editors (semi)regularly
> posts interesting topics dug out on lkml. That's 1000s% more press coverage than I've ever seen on FPC/Laz.
> PR gain is obvious here.

Agreed, that would be important and part of the PR.
The key word however was "dug". Those people must do lots of digging
and editorial work.

> I volunteer(ed) to at least fwd the press releases of FPC/Lazarus to LWN, as they have not just
> kernel topics in there, AFAICU they cover F(L)OSS in general. I perceive this as least-i-can-do
> - even if it doesn't land on main page (yet).

In addition to what Martin wrote:
We would need a person who digs and digests information and then publishes it.
The info is in many places: in mailing lists, in wiki pages for new
features and announcement, in SVN commit history, ... and in
developers' heads.
I would say the most abundant source of info is the SVN commit
history. Developers are following it. Sometimes a new feature found
there is commented by others, sometimes not, but everybody follows it
more or less.
That info could be collected, digested and published by someone.

If you want to try, please go ahead.
Like in all contributions, if developers see this work has substance,
they start to support it for sure.
It means you could ask missing pieces directly from developers and get answers.
Even access to devel mailing list could be given, but as I wrote
earlier it does not help much.

Regards,
Juha