[Lazarus] Compile works, building DEB package fails

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Jan 15 11:39:52 CET 2014

> Petr Hlozek <petr at ok2cqr.com> hat am 15. Januar 2014 um 10:30 geschrieben:
> [...]
> I'm developing my app in Lazarus for Linux. Now using version 0.9.30
> because it's part of Ubuntu 12.04 repositories.

Hint: The Lazarus 1.0.14 deb package for Ubuntu can be found on sourceforge. It
is easy to install.

> I've created makefile for the project
> (https://github.com/ok2cqr/cqrlog/blob/master/Makefile) and it has
> been working for long time without any problem.

If I understand the file correct, then it compiles your project using:
lazbuild --ws=gtk2 src/cqrlog.lpi

> Unfortunately, recent version of Ubuntu and Debian unstable building
> fails. What is interesting, it happens only when it's building debian
> package. Ordinary make in project directory works.
>
> This is what I get from pbuilder-dist:

> gline2.pas(707,9) Note: Local variable "z" not used
> gline2.pas(707,11) Note: Local variable "x" not used
> 800 179.416/188.992 Kb Used
> 900 179.852/188.992 Kb Used
> gline2.pas(896,6) Note: Local variable "z" not used
> Fatal: Can't find unit typ used by spe

For more verbosity add -vut to your project (lpi). Then run the script again.

> ERROR: failed compiling of project /tmp/buildd/cqrlog-1.7.0/src/cqrlog.lpi
> make[1]: *** [cqrlog] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/buildd/cqrlog-1.7.0'
> dh_auto_build: make -j1 returned exit code 2
> make: *** [build] Error 2
> dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
> E: Failed autobuilding of package
> I: unmounting /var/cache/pbuilder/ccache filesystem
> I: unmounting dev/pts filesystem
> ..
>
> The gline.pas is here:
> https://github.com/ok2cqr/cqrlog/blob/master/src/gline2.pas
>
> It works when I use make or compile project directly in Lazarus. Only
> when I try to build package, compilation fails. I also tried to
> install dependencies that are in control file and it worked :(.

What dependencies did you install?

> Debian
> unstable has Lazarus 1.0.10 and fpc-2.6.2-7.

Mattias