[Lazarus] Lazarus Second Release Candidate, 1.2RC2

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Jan 15 13:52:55 CET 2014

On 15/01/2014 10:43, Kostas Michalopoulos wrote:
> Is it really necessary to mention exe size in the Windows installer?
> It looks very weird that from everything about Lazarus this has to be
> mentioned in the installer.
>
> Maybe a "tips" or "faq" or something in a "welcome" screen that
> answers this and other "first" questions ("how do i enabled opengl?",
> "how do i use a single window?", etc) should be better? (of course
> such a welcome screen needs to be coded first :-P

A "tip of the day" or even "tip" depending on action, that shows useful
info within the IDE itself would be great. If someone would write the
code... Right now, we do not have this code, and we do not have anybody
who writes it.

So displaying something in the installer was the easiest option. "Exe
size on windows" is (for win users) the single most often asked
question. And for some reason a lot of people do not read the FAQ. So
this seemed the best solution.

It was already put in 2nd place, to avoid starting with a "problem".
First is the "what is Lazarus" (not very useful, in the installer, since
a person running the installer will already have an idea).