[Lazarus] Threads and Libraries (dll and so)

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Jan 17 19:06:57 CET 2014

Marcos Douglas wrote:

>> So going back to the specific question, as I understand it you get a global
>> in a DLL if you define a form in it. In practical terms it might not be
>> immediately usable, but as an example I've used a form in a DLL as a
>> template and copied menu entries from it to an appropriate form in the main
>> app.
>
> I think this is not his problem... but I could be wrong.

I was being somewhat speculative. However, working back through the
thread I'm not sure that anybody's mentioned the problems that can be
caused if the app and DLL/so have distinct memory managers, e.g. the
library tries to allocate an ansistring from one pool as a return result
and the main program tries to free it in the context of a different heap.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk