[Lazarus] newbie

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 29 09:05:28 CET 2014

Am 28.01.2014 23:45, schrieb Etienne Leblois:
> Dear all,
>
> I do not see why win32 lazarus should be the default on a win64 platform.
>
> The most suitable build to the platform were one works must be the
> default.
>
> Taking the best out of each particular platform is an implicit in the
> promise :
>
> Write once ... compile everywhere
>
> The allocatable memory is an improovement in win64 over win 32 (and
> linux64 over linux32)
With Lazarus 1.2 there seems to be a i386 add-in installer for Win64 so
that one can develop 32-Bit Windows applications as well, so this seems
to be less of a problem indeed. Nevertheless the 2.6 series of the
64-bit compiler still has problems regarding exceptions in non-FPC
binaries that were only solved in 2.7.1, so in this regard it is
definitely more problematic to use the 64-bit version of Lazarus.

Regards,
Sven