[Lazarus] nonlcl basic issue: is codetools LCL dependent?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Jul 1 09:18:43 CEST 2014

On 06/30/2014 07:53 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> In hobby projects that might be fine, but in commercial multi-platform
> apps that is unacceptable.
I see.

Regarding myself, I in fact don't like taking the enhanced effort of
beatifying the GUI (and Delphi-introduced Windows Widget Set
compatibility) in consideration too much. For me GUI is just a necessary
must to allow for user interaction and should be as restricted and
efficient as possible. Hence even the offering of the LCL seems bloated
to me and I would not mind restricting it to commonly usable widgets.

Of course packages that enhance the standard set (in additional groups)
always are welcome and should be decently documented regarding the
supported external widget set(s).

Regarding the IDE, I think it would be great, if the Widget selection
offered in the could be GUI Designer could be project-depending: i.e.
reduced / modified / enhanced) if in a project I select a certain
WidgetType setting. (Or is something like this already in place ? )

-Michael