[Lazarus] LazDaemon

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 14:06:53 CEST 2014

I think the LazDaemon package is broken at least on Windows.
Can someone else start a Windows service made with it? I cannot.

There is an example project
 C:\SW\lazarus_gitsvn\examples\cleandir\cleandirs.lpi
that uses it. Trying to install it ("cleandirs.exe -i" with admin rights) fails.
Same thing with any other project.

The log says:
 Failed to start service manager: Palveluprosessi ei voi muodostaa
yhteyttä palveluvalvontaan.

The latter sentence means something like:
 Service process cannot connect to service manager.

I am able to install a Windows service made without LazDaemon
following the instructions given in Michaël Van Canneyt's document :
  http://www.turbog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/daemons.pdf

Michaël is also the author of LazDaemon package.
Could he maybe take a look at it?
There is a bug report but it lists other problems, not the complete
failure when trying to install.

I am using Windows 7, FPC 2.6.4 and Lazarus trunk.

Juha