[Lazarus] GTK2 GroupBox auto size

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 17:14:54 CEST 2014

On Friday, July 4, 2014, Vojtěch Čihák <vojtech.cihak at atlas.cz> wrote:

> So it seems more a feature than a bug to me.

To me it seems like yet another bug in Delphi.
When talking about GroupBox it is actually a missing feature in Delphi.
My logic also says that if the user has set a caption and defined a control
to be autosized, the text should be visible. In what situation would it be
useful to cut it automatically?

And yes, automatic layout + anchors in LCL are already more advanced than
the Delphi equivalent. Delphi compatibility is a lame excuse for such bugs.

I want to see it fixed! Gtk2 and Windows were mentioned. What about other
widgetsets, how do they behave?

There are more bug reports for the same thing. I will find them ...

Juha