[Lazarus] GTK2 GroupBox auto size

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 17:53:52 CEST 2014

On Friday, July 4, 2014, Vojtěch Čihák <vojtech.cihak at atlas.cz> wrote:

> And what about autosized forms? I mean: why it does NOT matter with Panels
> and Forms but it (exclusively) matters with GroupBox.

Good question. I think it should matter with forms, too. OTOH, forms are
typically bigger and this issue does not come up so often.
With panels it is irrelevant because the caption there is not useful. At
least I always make it empty and use other controls (Label) for texts. They
can be anchored etc.

With GroupBox this really matters. I have pumped into this problem many
times and I believe Lazarus IDE dialogs have captions cut for this
same reason.

Juha