[Lazarus] IDE Macro for # of bits of the Source OS? (eg. 32-bit/64-bit -- A $(SrcCPU) would be nice!)

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 15 14:34:56 CEST 2014

Am 15.07.2014 12:23 schrieb "Mattias Gaertner" <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>:

> On Tue, 8 Jul 2014 12:07:46 +0200
> Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> >[...]
> > FPC automatically defines CPUxyz for -Cpxyz, but it seems that Lazarus
> > passes -Opxyz instead which is the CPU type which is optimized for. I'd
> > consider this an error of Lazarus...
>
> When should -Cp be used and when -Op?

-Cp sets the target processor. Especially important for platforms like ARM
and m68k (additionally the corresponding CPU defines are set with this)
-Op sets the processor for which to optimize. I don't know just now whether
-Cp influences -Op, but the other way round is definitely not true.

So -Cp needs to be set always (if it isn't left blank), while -Op *can* be
set.

Regards,
Sven