[Lazarus] "Find in files" suggestion

Václav Valíček vaclav at valicek.name
Wed Jul 16 18:36:23 CEST 2014

>> Same overkill as you describe above, if you realise that most projects
>> are dependent on LCL (And it on LCLBase, next LazUtils, next FCL...) and
>> it is huge bunch of files....
> Once searched, the OS has the files in cache and search takes
> only a few seconds on recent machines.
While I was doing experiments with resourcestrings, I had clean git
checkout of repo (without binaries) and script that greped
resourcestrings (or any other word) in source tree... On quadcore server
with 4GB of RAM, WD Black (server) HDD and only running ssh and nginx
(load was ~0.15) the search took about 25-30 seconds... On my laptop, it
was two minutes...