[Lazarus] [Lazarusdev] Editortoolbar Patch + Pending issue

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Fri Jul 25 17:30:03 CEST 2014

Il 25/07/2014 00:22, Graeme Geldenhuys ha scritto:
> On 2014-07-24 21:02, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>> e) A section without caption is like the TMenuItem separator. The
>> designer simply shows a '-'.
>> Same can be done for sections without caption:
>> Write a '-' or 'Section' or use a special icon or draw a line.
> +1
>
> And that should be easy to implement.

Yes, it's very easy to implement, and it was my first choice.

I merrily added just two lines:

  if Item.Caption <> Item.Name then ACaption:= Item.Caption
   else ACaption:= '---';

and modified a third line to use ACaption instead of Item.Caption. A
child's play.

But to my dismay this was the result:

http://www.copeca.it/colla/Toolbar/Treeview1.png

(as opposed to: http://www.copeca.it/colla/Toolbar/Treeview.png )

Opening some nodes brings to this result:

http://www.copeca.it/colla/Toolbar/Treeview2.png

In order to keep the hierarchical structure which makes it easy to
locate what you need, we must have human readable names for Menu
Sections. They're not only separators, they're ancestor nodes for our
Treeview.

Any better idea?

Giuliano