[Lazarus] SpinEdit on Delphi question (related to bug 26488)

Vojtěch Čihák vojtech.cihak at atlas.cz
Sat Jul 26 17:04:22 CEST 2014

Hi,

on Delphi7, when I do SpinEdit1.Text:='abc'; then it fairly contains abc :-). But when I try to spin it, it raises exception: abc is not integer value.

Vojtěch
> Datum: 26.07.2014 16:42
> Předmět: [Lazarus] SpinEdit on Delphi question (related to bug 26488)

Hi,

I'm trying to fix issue http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=26488 <http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=26488>
For this I need to know how Delphi behaves in following situations:

Given that SE is a TFloatSpinEdit (if Delphi only has SpinEdit this
will do as well):
Given that SE.Value is set to 10 at design time.

Now do (in code @runtime):

SE.Text := 'abc'; //obviously invalid number
After that what is the content of SE.Value?
Is it 10 or 0 or something else? (in D3 with a SpinEdit it is 0.)

Same question if you do SE.Clear as the first step.

Bart