[Lazarus] Addition of partial specializations; Request for testers!

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 5 22:13:35 CEST 2014

Hello together!

I've finally come around to implement support for partial
specializations. Partial specializations are for specializations of
generics inside another generic. Up to now simply the generic type was
used instead of a specializations (e.g. TTest<> instead of
TTest<LongInt>) which often resulted in failed type checks. With the
addition of partial specializations the amount of these errors should
hopefully be decreased and I'll check the corresponding bug reports in
the next few days.

Nevertheless partial specializations quite heavily changed how the
parsing of generics works and thus I need your help. I already checked
that there are no regressions in our testsuite, but maybe our testsuite
does not yet contain a test for something that is now broken. So if you
use generics OR you use nested records (yes, I needed to change
something there as well) then I'd like you to test whether any
regression in your code was introduced between the following Free Pascal
revisions:

27860 (no partial specializations)
27861 (partial specializations)

So if something fails in revision 27861 that did not fail in 27860 I'd
like you to report this with tag "partial specializations" (it should
already exist in the tag list) and I'll fix that ASAP.

Thank you very much. :)

Regards,
Sven