[Lazarus] Gdb and openocd via lazarus

Justin Smyth delphian at smythconsulting.net
Sat Jun 14 17:42:38 CEST 2014

Michael

A few questions for you , I am back now able to proceeded with my arm
project using lazarus ( laptop has been dead 3 weeks needed a replacement
motherboard off ebay from the USA).

The arm GDB I am using I got from code sorcery ( arm-none-eabi )

C:\LazarusExtras\gdb\bin>arm-none-eabi-gdb.exe
GNU gdb (Sourcery G++ Lite 2010.09-51) 7.2.50.20100908-cvs
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-mingw32 --target=arm-none-eabi".
<https://support.codesourcery.com/GNUToolchain/>.

Is this the best version to use ?

Could I compile the latest version of gdb from there svn ? would that work
out of the box - I've been able to compile fpc ok for arm from svn.

I just want to make sure the copy of gdb for arm I using can stop on
breakpoints etc.

Justin Smyth