[Lazarus] EpikTimer v1.0.1 released

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Jun 18 10:00:11 CEST 2014

On 06/13/2014 04:58 PM, Michael Schnell wrote:
> I suppose I need to upgrade before proceeding.
Off-Topic in this list, but maybe you might be able to help

On my PC (with rather old 32 Bit Suse) I installed the current released
version of Debian in Virtual Box. One virtual box "machine" holding the
32 Bit version and one machine holding the 64 bit version.

Now I am stuck with three problems.

1) The 64 Bit Debian works perfectly. I could install a shared folder
and copied the 32 bit Lazarus/fpc generated program "vdso_test" to a
"virtual" user folder.
Here the file has "rwxr-xr-x" properties

When I type "./" the TAB key nicely adds the file name.

But  with "Enter" I get:

"bash: ./vdso_test: no such file or directory"

Is a 64 bit Linux not supposed to run 32 bit programs ? Should there not
be a more "speaking" error message ?

2) in the 32 bit system, I did not yet dare to try to have Lazarus
cross-compile the program to 64 bit. (I would not like to install fpc
and Lazarus in the virtual machines.)

3) In the other virtual box machine with the 32 Bit Debian, I seem not
to be able to correctly install the "guest additions":
  - Other than with the 64 bit Debian, the Desktop size does not
auto-adapt to the window the host supplies
  - I can't install a shared folder and hence I can't easily transfer
the program file to be tested to the guest file system.

- any help on one of theses ?
TIA,
-Michael