[Lazarus] about infobuild form development

FreeMan freeman35 at delphiturkiye.com
Thu Jun 19 10:37:19 CEST 2014

I'll changed mail subject.

19-06-2014 02:55 tarihinde, Mattias Gaertner yazdı:
> What compiler directive?
> A compiler directive is for example "{$mode objfpc}".
> Maybe you mean something else?
I was use antique hellenic city name, so I used to much that.
   {$IFNDEF EnableOldExtTools}ExtTools,{$ELSE}InfoBuild,{$ENDIF} if tell
condition to compiler, its mean directive, never mind, I'm still not
used to lazarus
"Show compiler dialog" check box removed from IDE options, so I need to
active when IDE start compile, infobuild form have to show. I hope
traslate my self :)

> Select a message and right click / About ...
> This will tell you what you compiled, how and why it was auto compiled.
I don't like "auto" thing,  its mean out of my control. and not just get
info about compiled project. Project inspector always open on my
desktop, just click to options from here, better then looking for menu
item for me :)
> Please describe what the infobuild window should do in your opinion.
> Then we can probably give implementation hints.
I think you saw my form screenshot. Before removed, and if checked in
IDE options. When IDE start compile job, this form was showing and give
detail,when finish compiling, write success and if not selected auto
close, its wait click to close.
My opinion start here, target os & cpu, debug info check box are there,
so I'll see while compiling, not after finish and looking for any form
any menu item. If I don't wanna  "-T=default -P=default" I'll abort
compiling in this form, and change cpu or os from combobox, maybe remove
or add debug info too, and click to compile or build button, all of them
in same form, so I don't need looking for in menu or options, for cross
compile jobs

> -compiler_config_target.pas  has in what I need,
> What do you need?
>
> I can add events. What events do you need?
1-) In compiler_config_target.pas,   TargetOSComboBox &
TargetCPUComboBox adding items, this can be in include file or public
procedure, without class. For TargetCPUComboBox too.
example:
procedure TargetOSComboBox_Fill_Items(aItems : Tstringlist);
begin
     aItems.Add('(' + lisDefault + ')');
     aItems.Add('Darwin');
     aItems.Add('FreeBSD');

2- I need this procedures too but out TCompilerConfigTargetFrame class
   procedure UpdateByTargetOS(aTargetOS: string);
   procedure UpdateByTargetCPU(aTargetCPU: string);

3-) I need ReadSettings writeSetting from project options. Why I need,
when open infobuild form, I have to set saved settings so set selected
combobox items. why write, readed "win32" changed to "linux" and click
to compile, If I'm not wrong, compiler classes, read settings before
start compile and build compiler parameter. so I need to writesettings.

4-) Need Main menu Items Compile & Build click events, not sure but have
Tactionlist I think. Will add this to build & compile buttons

5-) need raise error check. infobuild how to show or create, that lines
have to check, 'cos infobuild can showing still. This mean clicked
compile button ln infobuild, so no need the trigger show or create
infobuild form.

Please don't misunderstand me, I'm not say do this, I have to do this,
but all of them part of IDE, I can not change big system for my
opinions, so I need yours helps. This small changing can be practice use
for other users too.
Thank you