[Lazarus] Resource strings and newline

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Jun 19 12:51:19 CEST 2014

On Thu, 19 Jun 2014 13:30:30 +0300
Juha Manninen <juha.manninen62 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 12:50 PM, Mattias Gaertner
> <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
> > The rst to po converter.
>
> That is part of FPC project.

No. It's in lcl/translations.pas line 973:

              if MultiLinedValue then begin
                // check that we end on lineending, multilined
                // resource strings from rst usually do not end
                // in lineending, fix here.
                if not (Value[Length(Value)] in [#13,#10]) then
                  Value := Value + LineEnding;
              end;

>[...]
> > #13 works in message dialogs on all platforms. What message boxes do
> > you mean?
>
> All of the IDE dialogs. Then I was using QT bindings and switching to
> LineEnding helped.

Then the QT interface behaves differently.
Since all interfaces should do the same here, I put the
ConvertLineEndings in LCLBase.

Mattias