[Lazarus] Paint over TEdit control

Fri Jun 20 20:47:27 CEST 2014

On 2014-06-20 18:09, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:

> I am also fighting with multicolor text in TLabels etc.
> And another aim I am trying to achive is an edit compontent
> with (self drawn) multi color text. Is there one?

You can try the LCL-CustomDrawn widgets, but last I checked they were
still in alpha state, and not ready for prime usage.

If it's a new project, or you have the UI well abstracted, you could
always give fpGUI Toolkit (see my signature) a go. Adding the
functionality you require into fpGUI will take about 15 minutes.

By the way, when you say multi-color text in a TEdit, do you mean some
parts of the text is one color, and other parts another etc. Or do you
simply mean the whole text must be one color or another (the latter I
think is possible with LCL). Either way, with fpGUI that is easily
accomplish because fpGUI is a 100% custom drawn toolkit (fully
implemented in Object Pascal), so you have full control over the look
and feel. That is actually the main reason I developed fpGUI, because
LCL couldn't cater for Corporate Branding I needed to apply in a
specific app.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/