[Lazarus] nonlcl basic issue: is codetools LCL dependent?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Jun 23 12:13:24 CEST 2014

On 06/23/2014 11:41 AM, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> Why not put this in the existing nogui widgetset?
Maybe his in fact is a good idea.

I did not dare to suggest this, because I always in great fear to break
something, as I am not at all an expert with the Lazarus / LCL internals.

> What is the overhead?

  - it forces to link in part of the TTimer code and part of EpikTimer,
and the EventQueue code (CheckSynchronize and friends) provided by the
fpc RTL
  - at program start it initializes the TTimer infrastructure (using
part of a modified implementation of EpikTimer, e.g. calculating the
TimeBase clock frequency)
  - at runtime, in "Application.Run", it reeds hardware ticks, checks if
any timers are expired and calls CheckSynchronize (from the fpc rtl).

-Michael