[Lazarus] nonlcl basic issue: is codetools LCL dependent?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Jun 24 09:14:52 CEST 2014

On 06/23/2014 06:48 PM, Giuliano Colla wrote:

> one must add a Mediator, aware of the new widgetset units, etc. But
> currently duplicates aren't allowed. Meaning that a different
> widgetset cannot contain units or classes with the same name of an LCL
> counterpart.
As you never mention this term I am not sure if you are aware of the
Lazarus concept of Widget Types. I understand, at compile time the
define variable WidgetType is used to (e.g.) select include files that
define the behavior of all related objects. I understand that this is
provided to allow for things similar to "different widgetset contained
in units or classes with the same name", by moving the relevant source
code to include files..

> Moreover widgets must be designer aware: you increase the width
> property, and the widget must become wider. LCL widgets already are,
> others must be adapted to take advantage of Lazarus Mediator, Designer
> etc.
I understand that you can add new widgets to the Lazarus GUI designer by
installing packets (and then recompiling the ide)

Why not add the Widgets you are missing using a packet ? (If you want to
re-use existing code, maybe you can activate macro-processing for
compiling these units (I seem to remember that fpc somehow allows for
this) and by that e.g. rename the "duplicate" classes, or write your own
preprocessor doing this. )

-Michael