[Lazarus] IDE bug handling translations?

Giuliano Colla giuliano.colla at fastwebnet.it
Thu Jun 26 18:04:46 CEST 2014

Il 25/06/2014 21:29, Maxim Ganetsky ha scritto:
> 25.06.2014 13:48, Giuliano Colla пишет:
>> I'd hate to steal the job to an official maintainer, mainly in those
>> days of unemployment :-) , but the Italian translation appeared to
>> pochecker like a battlefield, already before running localize.sh.
>> Aside from previous and last discrepancies, there's also a high number
>> of inconsistencies, such as Tools being translated sometimes as Tools,
>> sometimes as Environment, just to mention the first one. They appear to
>> be remnants of very old Lazarus versions.
>> If you add that poedit denounces some 41% untranslated strings, it looks
>> like the matter deserves some attention.
>> All of that comes from just one single file: lazarusidestrconsts. I'm
>> afraid other files aren't in a better shape!
>>
>> So, if the official maintainer is unable/unwilling to update the Italian
>> translations, I can take this boring job on my shoulders, at least to
>> provide a more complete and updated set of po files, to restart with.
>
> Please go ahead. Italian translation was last touched 3 years ago.

Ok. I already posted on the bugtracker a first quick update, just meant
to avoid IDE crashes.
Only I happened to click the wrong place, and I posted in Lazarus
"packages" instead of "patches" as I intended. After that no way to move it!
I also tried to get in touch with the last translator, but no answer
from him.

Giuliano